EP 49 - Edgar Collado of Tobias Financial & Alex Satterfield of Byron Financial
Our latest episode of The COO Roundtable features two guests who challenge our audience to think of the COO role in different ways – Edgar Collado of Tobias Financial Advisors and Alex Satterfield of Byron Financial. Tobias Financial Advisors is based in Florida and has a strong foundation in tax planning. They were founded in 1980 as a CPA firm and currently manage about $700M in AUM and have 19 employees. Byron Financial is headquartered in North Carolina and began in 1985 with a focus on life insurance. Currently they have 7 employees and grew from roughly $175M in AUM in 2019 to approximately $700M in AUM today. Matt, Edgar, and Alex talk about the COO role from both the day-to-day operations of a firm to a high-level, strategic point of view and much more including:
- Each guests’ background, career path, and how they landed in an Operations role
- How each guest involves their team in the firm’s strategic planning process
- How they prioritize the goals and needs of their respective firms
- The “Myth of Outsourcing”
- The HR component of the COO role
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe!
You can read the full transcript here.
You can listen and subscribe on Google Podcasts, Apple Podcasts, or Spotify.
Sign up here to be notified of new practice management content added to our blog on a regular basis.