EP 44 - Crystal Creekmore of SYM Financial Advisors & Gary Bonner of Southwestern Investment Group
In the “Reggie Jackson episode” of The COO Roundtable, Matt welcomes two thoughtful leaders of their organizations, Principal and Chief Compliance Officer of SYM Financial Advisors, Crystal Creekmore, and returning guest Gary Bonner, COO of Southwestern Investment Group. SYM Financial Advisors is headquartered in Winona Lake Indiana and has 5 offices across Indiana and Michigan. Founded in 1968, they are currently in their 3rd generation of ownership. They manage $3.7B in AUM and have 68 employees. Founded 20 years ago, Southwestern Investment Group is headquartered Franklin, Tennessee. They currently have 11 offices across 5 states and manage $5.5B in AUM with 176 employees. Together, Matt, Crystal and Gary discuss how solid operations can better communication both within the firm and with clients directly, and much more including:
- Professional background of each guest, including how Crystal’s kindergarten teacher served as a job reference when she applied at SYM Financial Advisors
- Each guest’s view on the dual-hatted role of COO/CCO
- Guests discuss whether it is best to centralize or silo operations
- How each firm tracks the status of projects and tasks
- How RIAs can leverage portal technology to communicate with clients
- Each guest shares how they have used the EOS framework within their firm
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe!
To read the full transcript, click here.
Sign up here to be notified of new practice management content added to our blog on a regular basis.