EP 4 - Tom Harms of Summit Trail Advisors and Stacey McKinnon of Morton Capital Management
In the fourth episode of our podcast, The COO Roundtable, Matt sat down with Tom Harms of Summit Trail Advisors and Stacey McKinnon of Morton Capital Management. Summit Trail Advisors manages about $5.2 billion in client assets across five office locations: New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Boston, and Washington D.C. Morton Capital Management, located in Calabasas, California, manages roughly $1.8 billion in client assets. Matt, Tom, and Stacey discuss the core values and structure they’ve instilled at their respective firms and much more, including:
- The history and background of Summit Trail and Morton Capital
- Their individual professional experiences and how those experiences have shaped their roles today
- Stacey’s extensive work in career pathing and establishing Morton Capital’s 5 E’s
- Tom’s comprehensive risk management work he’s done across all of Summit Trail’s teams
- Stacey’s standardization of Morton Capital’s client-facing marketing material and the greater importance this initiative has had on their organization
- Tom’s crucial role in Summit Trail’s aggressive M&A strategy
- The networking groups and industry consultants that Tom and Stacey turn to for peer insights and professional help
- How Tom and Stacey see their role as COO fitting into the greater organizational structure
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe!
To read a full transcript of this episode, please click here.