EP 36 – Karl Heckenberg of Emigrant Partners
For our special three-year anniversary episode, we put a twist to our regular format and Matt was joined by Karl Heckenberg, CEO and President of Emigrant Partners for a compelling conversation on the RIA industry. Known for their strategic partnership with RIAs, Emigrant Partners is currently invested in 19 firms and has close to $90B in cumulative assets. Matt and Karl talk about industry trends including the investment outlook for RIAs, the role of the COO moving forward, RIAs now being run as true business, and much more, including:
- The history behind Emigrant Partners
- After a bit of teasing by Matt, Karl shares an in-depth version of his professional background
- Karl shares the signs he looks for to determine if an RIA needs operations help
- What role the COO plays in an RIA’s M&A pitch to other firms
- The “gating issue” Karl sees when it comes to onboarding clients of different generations and how operations can enhance that client experience
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe!
You can read the full transcript here.
Click here to read our article “Why Professional Management Fails for RIAs”.
Sign up here to be notified of new practice management content added to our blog on a regular basis.