EP 3 - Trevor Chuna & Shaun Kapusinski of Sequoia Financial Group
In the third episode of our podcast, The COO Roundtable, Matt was thrilled to sit down with Trevor Chuna and Shaun Kapusinski of Sequoia Financial Group, an RIA in Akron, OH managing over $4 billion. Trevor, also featured in our latest White Paper, is the Chief Technology Officer and Shaun is the Director of Technology and Operations at Sequoia. Matt, Trevor, and Shaun dive deep into how Sequoia has evolved the client experience through technology and much more, including:
- The history and background of Sequoia Financial Group
- Their respective professional experiences and how those experiences have shaped their roles today
- How Trevor and Shaun manage the inevitable growing pains of implementing new technology in an acquisitive firm
- The key differences Trevor sees between his CTO role and a more traditional COO role
- Their extensive work in building out firmwide use of Salesforce
- Trevor’s development of Sequoia’s financial planning platform
- Shaun’s networking group founded for operations professionals, HIFON
- Sequoia’s recent acquisition of LJPR Financial Advisors (a $776 million RIA)
- Shaun’s new book, The Financial Advisor M&A Guidebook, co-authored with Greg Friedman of Private Ocean
We hope you enjoy, share, and subscribe! Be sure to keep an eye out for Episode 4, which will feature Stacey McKinnon of Morton Capital Management and Tom Harms of Summit Trail Advisors. Both firms manage roughly $1.8 billion and $5.2 billion in client AUM, respectively.
To read a full transcript of this episode, please click here.
To learn more about Shaun’s networking group, HIFON, click here.
To purchase Shaun’s book, click here.